Transfer Credit | Webster University

Transfer Credit

group of students uc

It's all about the Credit!

"How will my credits transfer?" and "What credits do I still need to graduate?" -- two questions almost every transfer student asks.  While the answers to these questions vary for each student, we will provide some resources and basic transfer guidelines here to help address the topic of transfer credit.

 An important aspect of transferring to another college or university is learning about the transfer of credit from your previous institution, and at Webster, we are here to support you in that process.

Webster recognizes transfer credit from many different sources, including credit earned through exam, dual credit programs, certain military experiences and corporate training programs, and credit earned from accredited colleges and universities.

At Webster University, courses are generally accepted for transfer if they are completed at a regionally accredited college or university, are considered college-level and completed with a C- or better, up to 90 total credit hours. See more specific details in the policies and guidelines below.

Transfer Credit Resources

Transfer Credit Guidelines

  • Webster always attempts to provide full transfer of successfully completed associate's degrees from regionally accredited institutions. Webster will accept up to 90 hours from a community college if credits are taken prior to the date the degree was awarded.
  • If an associate degree is not completed, Webster will accept up to 64 hours from a community college or from other forms of lower-division credit.
  • The University will accept up to 30 credit hours, regardless of degree earned, from an institution that is nationally accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. All credits will be converted to semester hours.
  • All transfer credit is capped at 90 credit hours. Webster University's minimum residency requirement is the completion of 30 credit hours of the last 36 credit hours prior to graduation.
  • Students who have completed an Associate of Arts (AA) degree, Associate of Arts in Teaching (AAT) degree from Missouri community colleges, the Associate of Science (AS) from Illinois community colleges, the Missouri 42-hour block, or another verified general education program will have satisfied the general education section and first-year seminar requirement of the Global Citizenship Program at Webster.
  • Students who have completed other associate degrees (including AAS, AS, ADN), a certificate, or not completing a degree/certificate prior to transfer will have their transfer coursework evaluated on a course-by-course basis for equivalency with Webster University's Global Citizenship Program requirements.
  • Students who have completed an Associate of Fine Arts (AFA) degree from a regionally accredited community college and pursuing a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Music degree at Webster will have satisfied the first year seminar and general education section of the Global Citizenship Program, as accommodated for the BFA or BM.  Students with an AFA who choose to pursue a degree other than a BFA or BM at Webster will have coursework evaluated on a course-by-course basis for the GCP. 
  • Transfer course equivalency requirements for the major are determined by the appropriate department. Transfer course equivalencies for the Global Citizenship Program follow established guidelines. See transfer guides or equivalency database for more specific information on course equivalencies.
  • All transfer coursework must be college-level (100-level or above) with a passing grade. Pass/Fail courses will count for transfer credit if the student received a Pass. For repeated courses only the second grade will be counted. Incomplete grades are not accepted in transfer.
  • Courses completed with a grade of D have restrictions in transfer and generally are not applicable toward graduation requirements at Webster.
  • Duplicate coursework does not transfer.
  • Webster follows recommendations put forth by the American Council on Education (ACE) in awarding transfer credit for military training and in-service corporate training programs. Students must submit official JST, CCAF, and/or ACE transcripts for transfer credit to be considered.
  • Official evaluation of transfer credits is conducted by the Office of the Registrar following admission to the University and upon receipt of all official transcripts.